This post may contain affiliate links, which means I’ll receive a commission if you purchase through my link, at no extra cost to you. Please read full disclosure here
Are you interested in discovering the abundance of benefits that come with a lemon balm herbal remedy? This post will guide you through the process of creating a delicious and soothing lemon balm herbal remedy.
This wonderful remedy is not only tasty, but it has countless health benefits, including reducing stress, promoting relaxation, easing anxiety, improving cognitive function, and treating various ailments such as colds, indigestion, and headaches.
With just a few simple steps, you can make your own lemon balm herbal remedy from the comfort of your own home. This remedy is in the form of an alcohol free tincture, also called a glycerite.
Ingredients & equipment:
- Fresh leaves to fill your jar or dried lemon balm leaves to 1/2 fill your jar
- Organic food grade glycerine (enough to fill jar almost full)
- Distilled water if using dried leaves
- Clean, dry Mason jar (you can run it through the dishwasher
- Small Funnel if you don’t want to make a huge mess bottling
- Tincture bottles (blue color protects the herbal remedy from light)
Instructions for Lemon Balm Herbal remedy with dried leaves
If you don’t have access to fresh lemon balm, dried leaves work well. The instructions are a bit different because you’ll need to add distilled water to the mixture.
- First, take the dried leaves and add to a clean, dry mason jar.
- Pour in organic, food grade vegetable glycerine.
- Add distilled water, in a ratio of 3 parts glycerin to one part water.
- Push out any air bubbles in the mixture with chopsticks or a spoon.
- Shake and let sit in a cool, dry place for 1 month.
- Shake the jar daily.
- Strain out plant matter and bottle.
- Use within 1 year.
Instructions for Lemon balm herbal remedy with fresh leaves
- First, put fresh leaves in a clean, dry mason jar.
- Pour in organic, food grade vegetable glycerine until the glycerine reaches 1/3 in. from top.
- Shake, cap, and keep in a cool, dark place.
- Shake daily for a month.
- Strain out plant matter. Bottle.
- Remedy will be good for 1 year.
Benefits of lemon Balm
My family uses lemon balm to calm nerves before job interviews, tests, stressful days, or during family emergencies. Since it has such a high safety profile, we take frequent and larger doses as needed.
This herbal remedy is perfect for calming inflamed digestive nerves. When your stomach won’t settle, reach for lemon balm.
“Lemon balm is extremely high in trace minerals such as boron, manganese, copper, chromium, molybdenum, selenium, and iron, lemon balm also has large amounts of the macromineral silica.”-Anthony William, the Medical Medium. Anthony shares that lemon balm helps us hold onto B12 in the body and use it more effectively.
This remedy would be perfect to add to your home herbal apothecary. Discover how to create a Latvian inspired home herbal apothecary in this post.